The following is a quick analysis of the Lynden real estate market.
There are currently 146 homes for sale.
- Homes are priced from $112,900 – $987,000
- Average Asking Price; $369,474 Days on Market are 153 days
- Median Asking Price: $339,929 Days on Market are 120 days
- Homes sold in November: 16
- Average Listing Price $353,688
- Average Sold Price $339,406 Days on the Market 120
- Median Listing Price $347,000
- Median Sold Price $343,750 Days on Market 100
- Homes Pending last week: 6 Total Homes Pending: 29
- Average Sales Price November 2008: $303,329
- Median Sales Price November 2008: $272,000
- Sold in November 2008: 12
The Average Sales price is up 12.6% compared to November 08 and up 8.7% compared to October 09.
The Median Sales prices is up 26.3% compared to November 08 and up 14.5% compared to October 09.
The number of sales is up by 4 compared to November 08 and is up by 2 compared to last month October 09.
Condo Analysis for Lynden
- There are currently 29 condos for sale.
- Condos are priced from $139,900 – $379,500
- Average List Price $226,328 Days on the Market: 198
- Median List Price $219,9056 Days on the Market: 155
- Condos Sold in November: 1
- Average List Price: $124,800
- Average Sales Price: $120,000 Days on the Market: 7
- Median List Price: $124,800
- Median Sales Price: $120,000 Days on the Market: 7
- Pending Sales Last Week: 0 Total Condos Pending 3
- Average Sales Price November 2008: $285,635
- Median Sales Price November 2008: $285,635
- Sold in November 2008: 1
Great news the First Time Home Buyer’s Tax Credit of $8,000 available to anyone who hasn’t owned a home in the past 3 years has been extended until April 2010. The new program will also expand the tax credit to include existing home owners who have owned a home for at least five of the last 8 years will be able to apply for tax credits of up to $6,500 when they purchase their next home.
You might want to talk to your banker to see what you can afford. Meanwhile interest rates are still extremely low and there are some great values in the Bellingham market right now. You might want to take a look at what it would cost you to purchase one of these homes at today’s rates. You might be surprised at what your monthly payments would be, maybe less than your paying for rent right now if you are renting a comparable sized house.
If you have any questions or want to see any Bellingham Property feel free to email me at or give me a call at 360-739-6981