|Real Estate Market Report/Conditions for Bellingham, WAfor Septeember 5, 2007
The following is a quick analysis of the Residential Bellingham real estate market by Michael Eisenberg of Fairhaven Realty.
- Currently Active Listings: 653 Average List Price $469,214 Days on the Market: 110
- Sold in September: 80
- Average Sales Price: $358,224
- Average List Price: $368,359
- Ratio of List to Price: 97.2%
- Average Days on the Market: 82
- Median Sales Price: $314,450
- Median List Price: $319,450
- Ratio of List to Price: 98.4%
- Pending Sales Last Week: 12
Condo Analysis for Bellingham
- Currently Active Listings: 331 Average List Price $254,098 Days on the Market: 240
- Sold in September: 49
- Average Sales Price: $239.010
- Average List Price: $244,479
- Ratio of List to Price: 97.8%
- Average Days on the Market: 180
- Median Sales Price: $221,498
- Median List Price: $224,200
- Ratio of List to Price: 98.8%
- Pending Sales Last Week: 7
Buyers: now is a good time to get in the market, there are plenty of homes to choose from and lots have been on the market a long time so there are some motivated sellers out there who need to sell their homes.
Sellers: There is still a lot of competition right now and if you don’t want your home to sit on the market without an offer here are a few bits of advise:
- The most important thing you can do is price your home right, have your real estate agent do a CMA and price your home aggressively, that is in the lower range of similar homes if you want a quick sale
- Have a pre-inspection done to your home and fix any problems
- Give your home curb appeal
- Offer a Home Warranty if it is an older home
- Get rid of clutter, start clearing out your things, even if you have to put them in storage.
- Think about staging your home, get advise from a staging professional or at least your agent.
If you would like some info about real estate or living in Bellingham visit my website at BellinghamProperty.com or give me a call.